Monday, October 14, 2013

What do you want to be when you grow up?


Almost every family member has asked me what I plan on doing after graduation. Quite honestly, I hate that question so much. It makes me think about the one year I have left in college and how I should be settling down and figuring out life. I have no idea what I want to do just yet, but I have a list. 


1. Do something I love everyday.

2. Work for a company I believe in.

3. Keep work life and personal life separate

4. Find a company I can grow in

5. Keep an open mind.

I change my mind everyday about what I want to do. I have no idea where I want to work or where I want to live. I am just letting my life work out on its own. I just know that I want to enjoy what I do. Money isn't everything, but happiness is.

2 comments:

  1. I hate this question just as much as you do! Even this weekend, I've had multiple family members ask me, "Now what are you going to do since you aren't pharmacy? Journalism, right?" They honestly do not understand that we're trying to figure it out at the same time! I agree with you, I want to be happy no matter what the pay is. Living a life full of happiness is more important than having a high salary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, I get the same question when visiting with relatives. Actually, quite honestly, I get more the question about "what I want to do with a public relations degree." Well, MR and MRS who don't know what a public relation person does, PR is everywhere! I just think to myself I can do and be whatever I want as long as I work hard and do so with my whole heart. Good luck, I know you can do anything you set your mind to. Love you!

    ReplyDelete