Monday, October 14, 2013

Real Time Connections


The  one thing I see companies struggling with the most is making real time connections with their audience. In Chapter 10 of Real-Time Marketing and PR, it discusses the need for those relationships to be instantaneous. What I usually see is companies have the concept down, but they send out the same message to everyone as a response. Last week I tweeted at the restaurant Red Robin. I had just left and was amazed by the quick service, kind wait staff and the welcoming feel. It was the best time I had ever had in a restaurant. I got what almost seemed like a computer generated reply, "Thank you for your comments!" Wasn't a huge deal, but what if I was a customer complaining about my evening? That computer generated response would have just made me even more upset. It isn't about just replying with anything. The customer wants to know that their comments are heard by a real person. We don't want to be lost in the shuffle. I would have loved a more personal response to my tweet. The book list four areas where companies need to improve making real-time connections:


1. Presale
2. Immediate post-sale
3. Ready to receive
4 Problem resolution and crisis communications

Even though it takes a lot of time to manage those real-time relationships, it is worth it. You create loyal customers and a happy company.

No comments:

Post a Comment