Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Junior Year Goals

As I was sipping on my coffee the other day, it hit me that I only have one more year left here at Ohio Northern. Just one more year of studying for finals, writing research papers and reading ridiculous textbooks. It is kind of scary when you think about it. Next year, I will be applying for jobs and looking for my own place to live. I will be officially on my own. It is excitingly terrifying. I came to the conclusion that I need to make a list ( I have an obsession with lists). Some sort of list of goals I want to accomplish before I graduate. I want to look back on my college years and have no regrets. I want to make the most of the time I have left before I get thrown into the real world. It came down to just a few things. They might not seem like a big deal, but they are to me. 

1. Make the dean's list 

2. Build an excellent portfolio

3. Have an irresistible resume

4. Figure out where I want to go after graduation

5. Make a scrapbook of my college years. 

6. Build up a savings account

7. Find some way to thank my parents for everything they have done. 

8. Find a job I love

9. Go on a spring break trip 

10. Write a story that gets published 

Some are sentimental. Some are fun, but this is my top ten. Before I graduate in May 2015, I will cross each one off my list. 

What is on your graduation bucket list?

No comments:

Post a Comment