Wednesday, October 16, 2013

For the Love of Writing.


A huge part of my public relations career will be writing. Luckily, I absolutely love to write. In public relations, excellent writing skills is a must. I will admit that I was not very good at it until I got to college. I had terrible grammar and spelling skills, but I still loved to write. I worked pretty hard to improve my grammar skills and learned to write in AP style, rather than MLA. I have also learned that spell check is still my best friend. I am that nerdy girl that actually loves to write papers in school. Doing research papers is my favorite. There is something really satisfying researching a topic and putting together a well written piece of literature.  In my internship, my favorite part was writing the press releases and writing for the newsletter we sent out every week. Now, I get to ghost write for an entrepreneur at Bucyrus City Schools. It is absolutely wonderful. I get to do what I love. One thing on my bucket list is to write a book. I don't even care what it is about at this point, I would just love to write. I have several ideas and topics that interest me, but I really want to find my passion. I want to write about something I can give a different and meaningful perspective. Who knows, maybe one day my book will be used to teach public relations classes!

No comments:

Post a Comment