Sunday, September 22, 2013

Share This...


One thing I found incredible was how the book pointed out how many used tools social media offered. For example, with Google there are several tools like the Google alerts and the Google ranking system that can help PR professional understand the trend in the current day. They offer so many tools that some people don't even use. In my internship, my supervisor trained me to do research into the best method to execute the plans we were making. I spent a lot of my time on developing a cheat sheet for the staff in the communications office. It gave them a list of the best tools to use for whatever project they were working on. It took a long time, but I found some pretty incredible things. On facebook, there are several ways you can track how much visibility your post are getting as well as how you can boost your posts. You can use hashtags to track posts on Twitter and Instagram. Google's tools are really handy. Google Alerts help you track who is talking about you and can help you respond to feedback quickly. All these tools were an essential part of how my internship office operated. I find it interesting that not every company takes the time to find these tools. Most of them offer their services for free, you just have to sign up! Taking the time to find these resources really changed the way I did my work at my internship and even decreased the amount of money we needed to spend of research! 

No comments:

Post a Comment