Thursday, March 27, 2014

Care more, fear less


A while back, my dad connected me with a college friend. Denise W. Barreto is totally brilliant. On top of being a mother, wife and public servant, she has followed her dream to revolutionize relationships. She is the managing partner and founder of Relationships Matter Now, LLC, a strategic business and marketing consultant firm that really focuses on help organizations build strong relationships. Denise has spoken with me several times about my career path and has given me great advice on how to get to where I want to go. She has been one of my favorite people to talk with. She has even written a book about doing what you love every day. How cool is that?!


Recently, I watched her TEDx talk that she hosted back in 2013. She talked about Care More, Fear Less, a relationships matter now movement. The movement really put things into perspective for me. Right now, I feel like everyone I know is in panic mode. Whether they are searching for internships, working through class assignments, or just freaking out about money, everyone gets caught up in fear. It is hard to not get caught up in it!

Care More, Fear Less got me thinking about what I want my life to look like in five years. Honestly, it changes every ten minutes, but I know for a fact I want to be doing something that has meaning and purpose. I want my life to make an impact some how. No matter what that might look like. I want to be able to work for some organization I fully believe in and can invest my time in. I don't want to get caught up in working for a fat paycheck. Fear has a funny way of pushing back into your comfort zone.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much Amy for your kind post... I am glad Care More, Fear Less impacted you the way it did. That was my goal.

    Much love and peace to you on your journey to fulfillment

    ReplyDelete