Monday, September 23, 2013

The Emmy's.

The Emmy's are here! I absolutely love watching award shows like the Emmy's and the Oscars. It really brings out the PR nerd in me. When I am watching them, all I can do is think about how it was all put together and how it was all run. How much goes on that we don't see? I really want to find out! One of my career goals is to run an event that is similar to the Emmy's or Oscars. I just want the experience of putting it all on and seeing it come together either perfectly or not so perfectly. I can't imagine the stress that the event planners go through during a huge televised event like this. There are so many uncontrollable variables. Someone could get hurt, there could be fights, mechanical malfunctions. The list goes on and on. You have to think of everything. Who is coming? Where are they sitting? Who are they wearing? It is a long list. This event is probably a  year long project! I would love it so much.

 As the event coordinator for the Entrepreneurship Program here at Ohio Northern, I put on some small competitions for the ONU students. Usually, about 200-300 students compete each semester. I have to find judges, volunteers, buy 200 pizzas, register teams, keep scores, and so much more. Over the past couple years, my boss has been giving me more and more responsibility over the competition. I get to run the entire thing soon and I could not be more excited. I don't think I have experienced anything more rewarding than having those competitions run smoothly. It is wonderful.

Event planning is so fun to me. I know myself well enough to know that in a few years that will probably change, but for now I really love having the experience here at ONU. I really look forward to seeing what this looks like in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment