Sunday, September 08, 2013

Ja...Ja..Junior.


I can't believe I am starting my Junior year at ONU already. It is mind blowing how fast everything is going. I don't think this year could be starting off any better. I get to be a residence assistant for the freshman this year in Founders Hall. It has been a wonderful experience. Residence life is all about being a resource on campus for the new students. They can come to us with anything. My freshman year here was extremely tough. I did not know anyone on campus and I got lost almost everyday. I missed my family and I just wanted to go home. Luckily, I had an amazing RA helped me find my footing and finish off my freshman year fantastically. It was great.  Now I get to be that kind of person for the freshman who are struggling this year as well. This school has provided me with so many opportunities, fun and friends. I want the freshman to get the same kind of experience that I did. I get to plan programs to have fun with my freshman and to teach them things they will need to know to be successful here at ONU. This year, we have an amazing staff. Everyone is so outgoing and fun that no matter where they are living, we can all hang out and have a great time. I love that I get the opportunity to be apart of something like Residence Life at Ohio Northern. It has helped mold me into a leader and taught me skills I will need throughout my career. It has been a great two years on staff. Here's to many more.

No comments:

Post a Comment