Saturday, September 28, 2013

10 Websites to Help Your Career

I'm not going to lie, I was scrolling through Flipboard this afternoon and I found this wonderful article. I am always looking for ways to set myself apart in my field. I build up my resume as much as possible and find some unique skills that future employers will like. However, locating internships is one of the hardest parts of building a career. They are few and far between and seem to be hiding in the very corners of the Internet. Articles like these always grab my attention so here are 10 website to further your career and help find internships or a job:

1. LinkIn- What do you know? A professional social media site. Who knew.
2. Indeed.com- This is a wonderful job search site. I have used it to find internships too!
3. SimplyHired.com - Yet another Google-like job search engine.
4. Idealist.com - Nations largest employement board for nonprofit jobs.
5. Glassdoor.com - Provides snapshots of jobs and provides a more indepth look into the openings.
6. Monster.com - One of the oldest online job boards! Its international. It's great for us adventurous people
7. Internships.com - YES! Finally, some help finding internships. Those things can be a huge pain.
8. USAJobs.com - Government's site for federal jobs
9. The Wall Street Journal's career site - The sites packed full of free content for job openings.
10. Specialty job sites - Almost every profession has it's own job search engine. Google yours!

This is a great list to start with when you are looking for a job. I have been on the hunt for internships in public relations for this summer and they can be pretty difficult to find. Hopefully these sites will point me and you in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment