Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Job Shadowing at The Eisen Agency


As I am coming up on my senior year, I started to seriously think about what my future would look like. Honestly, I have no idea what I want to do after graduation, but I took some time this summer to do a couple of days of job shadowing. I wanted to get a better understanding of how different types of jobs work and what the daily tasks would be. 
I emailed a PR agency in Newport, KY called The Eisen Agency. Within minutes, the CEO emailed me back and helped me set up a day to come in. It was a great day! They talked with me about how they work with their clients, what they do daily, and how they developed their firm into the success it is today. I learned so much and was completely blown away by what they do. 
 My favorite part was their Cincinnati Food Tour blog. Every Friday, the agency goes out to lunch together and they blog about their experience. The discuss the food, ambiance, service, and all kinds of stuff. They give each restaurant a ranking from the agency staff based on their experience. The blog is a way to connect with their clients and the public on a level that isn't strictly professional, but fun. I showed up that day just expecting to watch them work, but they let me write their blog that day! I was so excited. Here is the link to the blog I wrote for The Eisen Agency. Take a look! 
A giant thank you to the Eisen Agency for teaching me and showing me around your beautiful facility! 
- Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment